100% active time on both of my HDDs

SunDragon400

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
I've been getting 100 percent active time on both of my disks lately. I've tried running the Seagate diagnostic tool, disabling windows notifications, changing the physical connections from my hard drives to the motherboard and a few other things I cant recall at the moment. My computer has been really sluggish I don't know what else to try.
530b5eae2a.png

Welcome to the TH Community, @SunDragon400!

You mentioned you already tried running the manufacturer's diagnostic utility, what did the short and long tests report about the SMART attributes of the drive? Besides swapping the cables, you should try plugging the drives in different SATA ports on the mobo as well. It might be a good idea to check your motherboard manufacturer's official website for any updates on the SATA controller & Chipset drivers, too. While on it, make sure you have the latest BIOS version installed. Have you tried disabling these Windows services? They might also be the source of the issue.

If it still doesn't help, I'd second what @Paul mentioned and advise you run the SFC command that will help you repair any corrupted or modified system files.

Good luck & keep us posted!
SuperSoph_WD

SunDragon400

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016

Thank you very much for your response. The diagnostic tests all showed up clean. I have tried changing ports and disabling the windows services. I just updated the drivers and the bios and i'm still having the issue.