i5 4440 vs i5 6500

Solution

Remember that you can't just upgrade CPU because your current motherboard would not be compatible with the new Intel CPUs. For the i5 6500 you would also need DDR4 RAM while your current RAM would be DDR3.

What's the rest of your hardware. Depending on what your current GPU is you would most likely see a much bigger increase in gaming performance from buying a new GPU than you would from buying an i5 6500, new motherboard, new RAM, and potentially a new copy of Windows. If you bought and OEM builder license for your current build you will probably need a new license since that is tied to the original motherboard.

There won't be a...
Nothing significant.
Some games are cpu limited and some are graphics limited.
You might get 5% if you are cpu limited.

If your games are cpu limited and you have a z170 motherboard, you can upgrade to a i5-6600K for not much more and get a significant boost in cpu capability.

Otherwise, a i7-6700K is the highest clocked cpu that will run without an overclock.

king3pj

Distinguished

Remember that you can't just upgrade CPU because your current motherboard would not be compatible with the new Intel CPUs. For the i5 6500 you would also need DDR4 RAM while your current RAM would be DDR3.

What's the rest of your hardware. Depending on what your current GPU is you would most likely see a much bigger increase in gaming performance from buying a new GPU than you would from buying an i5 6500, new motherboard, new RAM, and potentially a new copy of Windows. If you bought and OEM builder license for your current build you will probably need a new license since that is tied to the original motherboard.

There won't be a significant difference in gaming performance between your current CPU and the 6500 and when you factor in the cost of everything you would need to replace to do the upgrade you could buy a pretty decent GPU instead for the same amount of money.

If you already have a solid GPU and you really want a CPU upgrade it might make more sense to switch to something like the i7 4790 since it can probably be used with your current RAM and motherboard with a BIOS update.

Solution

Spiderbait375

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015

Best enswier seliected by SpoderByt375.