A8 7600 with Zalman CNPS9500A temps

Dizturb3dwun

Honorable
Mar 2, 2014
My buddy has an A8 7600 with a Zalman CNPS9500A and his idle temp is ~50c, and gaming it goes up to like 70-72c (checked with HWMonitor, NZXT Cam, and Overwatch's Ingame Temp Monitor).

However, AMD overdrive is showing 55-60c Thermal Margin, which makes no damn sense. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Solution
The idle temp is too high, mine is around 35-37 on stock cooler. Monitor your fan speed and see if that is running at full when the temp reaches 70, also reapply the thermal paste, this usually helps a lot.
Download speedfan and monitor your temp and fan speed, the max temp for this processor is 72C and if AMD overdrive is showing 55C thermal margin then maybe other softwares are unable to read the temp properly or either overdrive is reading it wrong.

The thermal margin is the temp margin you have left before the CPU hits thermal wall and shuts down.

darthvader30

Reputable
Jun 7, 2016
The idle temp is too high, mine is around 35-37 on stock cooler. Monitor your fan speed and see if that is running at full when the temp reaches 70, also reapply the thermal paste, this usually helps a lot.
Download speedfan and monitor your temp and fan speed, the max temp for this processor is 72C and if AMD overdrive is showing 55C thermal margin then maybe other softwares are unable to read the temp properly or either overdrive is reading it wrong.

The thermal margin is the temp margin you have left before the CPU hits thermal wall and shuts down.

Solution

Cindy White

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015
You will probably have to do more research on the what temperature the software are measuring. For example, HWmonitor could be measuring the core temperature while the AMD software is measuring the temperature of the CPU cover.