E5-2643 v4 6c conspiracy

adamghering

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
So I'm of course slightly jesting with the title but let me know what you think

The e5-2643 v4 processor.... I can't find it at any retail outlets! Not frys, Best Buy, new egg, etc no where one would usually get retail parts and then even not the high end specialties, even called some wholesalers who couldn't find it in there systems

However
Lenovo, Dell, HP, are all selling systems with the chip aaaaaand you can buy single chips from these computer dealers but from nowhere else!!! Often at 500 - 1000 above intels $1553 suggested retail for the chip!

I may be missing something but if anyone else has any other info or perspectives it's welcome to hear.

Check it out what do you think?

Solution
Its a low volume processor that is popular for certain servers of which many companies likely have in service. Its hard to find and overpriced because at this time its probably pretty rare and all the processors they can get out are going to their guaranteed sales. Those processors are rarely bought on their own and instead bought in trays to be used to upgrade bunches of servers. Just gotta give it time and watch the stores they will be out there sooner or later.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Its a low volume processor that is popular for certain servers of which many companies likely have in service. Its hard to find and overpriced because at this time its probably pretty rare and all the processors they can get out are going to their guaranteed sales. Those processors are rarely bought on their own and instead bought in trays to be used to upgrade bunches of servers. Just gotta give it time and watch the stores they will be out there sooner or later.

Solution