Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
Hi,

I have the following setup:
FX-6300
MSI 970 GAMING
Be Quiet Shadow Rock LP
NZXT S340 - stock fans both exhausting - one on the back, one on the top

At stock speed my load temp during Prime95 is 57C. So out of curiosity I switched OC Genie on which set my clock rate to 4.1GHz. Now temp went mad and at 75C i quickly aborted..

So I am wondering whether a component is underperforming or this is just what you would expect from the setup.

So shouldnt my cooler perform better (at 60C rpm is at max speed) ... ?
I know that for true oc-ing OC Genie is a no go, but just for the arguments sake. is it possible that it is setting something oddly that results in such a temp increase... ?

or this is totally normal and expected and this level of clock rate increase will bash temps up and even for some OC Genie magic I would require a better performing cooler.

Ibian Pahiva

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
Above is probably right, have you tried OC on a bios lvl or using AMD overdrive?
How long is the thermal paste been in use ?

BTW i have the same NZXT case as you and IMO you should have at least 1 front intake fan.

sanis85

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
I have no experience with OCing that is why i tried OC Genie. I think i will stay on stock. (I just installed 2 corsair 140af to the front and a 120AF to the back... well the s340 is not the silent case I hoped for xD)