Reputable
Feb 28, 2016
Okay before i start this topic i want you all to know my setup:
CPU: AMD FX 6300 (unlocked)
GPU: EVGA GTX 750 TI Superclocked
MOBO: 760GM P23 (FX)
PSU: Xilence Performance C series 500W
Memory: DDR3 1866 Kingstong HyperX red 8GB

My issue is: Whenever i play heavy games for example: battlefield 1, battlefield 4, Black ops III, my CPU goes at full power ( wich is normal ) BUT here it comes: the readings of me CPU hit 206 degrees wich is technically speaking not possible cause it would melt and my pc would catch a fire. i noticed this fix: turning down my CPU max power to 98%.. now my thoughts: my MOBO supports amd fx processors but only up to 95W my processor is 95W on max power.. BUT... could it be that my cpu goes above this 95W and burns down the heat sensor in my motherboard ? is this the same thing like having a system that demands 450W and getting a 450W power supply ? i am out of options here, and my guess is buy a new motherboard but maybe the community knows a fix.

Thanks in advance,

SteeloMusic

It may be the VRM that gets too hot and it sets the CPU temperature to the maximum to cause throttling and protect itself. You should use AMD Overdrive to check what happens while running Prime95 Small FFTs. If the thermal margins decrease gradually and then all of a sudden they drop to a low value, then the VRM is causing it. What CPU cooler is installed?

SteeloMusic

Reputable
Feb 28, 2016

the fan installed is the standard CPU fan that comes with the FX 6300, i am not at home at the moment, i will do that prime95 test, i never used this program before, AMD overdrive isn't that something available only for the GPU's ? i will post results of prime95 in here, and maybe you can tell me what it is next, if it is the VRM, can this be fixed ? cause, to be honest i got some knowledge but when talking about the VRM i literally had to look up on the internet what VRM means..

Thanks in advance.

AMD Overdrive isn't for the GPU only; it also is the best tool to monitor your AMD CPU. Fixing a VRM issue is relatively easy; buy a motherboard with a better one that has a heatsink and more phases. If you have an ATX case, there are several nice motherboards like the new Asus 970 PRO GAMING/AURA or the older but very good Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P. If your case is a micro ATX, then your options are rather limited.

SteeloMusic

Reputable
Feb 28, 2016

i did the stress test of prime95, basically what happens is my CPU is on constant 206 Degrees ( the readings ). it keeps giving me 206 degrees untill i decide to stop the tests and it drops down from 206 degrees within 5 seconds back to 28-35

SteeloMusic

Reputable
Feb 28, 2016

What happens with thermal margin: it goes from 30 Degrees, to 204 constant, once i turn the stress test off it drops all the way to 0 and then goes back up to 30 degrees standard.

SteeloMusic

Reputable
Feb 28, 2016

i will do that once i get home, what you want the screenshot from ? the highest reading, the lowest, both or just a screen recording to actually see what happens during this stress test ?

SteeloMusic

Reputable
Feb 28, 2016
Sorry it took me so long, but this is what happens now i downclocked it to 3.3ghz instead of having it at 3.5ghz,

http:// <- this is without prime95 running.

http:// this is with prime95 running.

What happens it stays at 3.3ghz, it drops to 1.8 degrees, then makes the jump of this readings and my clocks go down to 1.4ghz .. i really want a fix for this :(

SteeloMusic

Reputable
Feb 28, 2016

when this PC was first build it's idle temps were 26 Degrees, but since this MSI 760GM motherboard it has always been 28-32 on idle.

Ambient temperature is about 20-21 degrees. ( i don't have a thermostat to actually tell me the exact degrees, but it's pretty cool ) it's not like i am sweating and have to sit in my underwear to be able to breath.

SteeloMusic

Reputable
Feb 28, 2016

bootup temps are at 40-42 degrees, after boot up is done it goes back down to Average of 30 degrees

SteeloMusic

Reputable
Feb 28, 2016

http:// have a test running for about 5 minutes now these are the max and min. ( this is not during heavy gaming but just to let you know the min and max temps. i have no idea why my temps have lowered.