$900 PC: I have no idea what I'm doing, help!

Ospreyt

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
This will be my 1st PC. I have very little idea what I'm doing, but I did manage to put together a list of what seem like good parts together.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2dMBjc

What FPS would I get on BF4 with medium settings? CS:GO? (I mainly play FPS games)

Any recommendations? Also, do you need to buy a charger or something to charge it? If so, I live in Peru, which uses a different voltage from US- is that a problem?

Please help!

Solution
I would move up to a Seasonic SII12 520W power supply. I use the EVGA 430W PSU in one of my light-duty spare machines, and it's a decent unit, but if you want to upgrade anything later, you'll wish you had went a little heavier on the PSU.

Also, I don't see hard drive at all - just a 240GB SSD. I always like to see an SSD in a build, but there is a good chance you will fill that up fast. I recommend adding at least a 500GB HDD, but preferably 1TB.

scuzzycard

Honorable
I would move up to a Seasonic SII12 520W power supply. I use the EVGA 430W PSU in one of my light-duty spare machines, and it's a decent unit, but if you want to upgrade anything later, you'll wish you had went a little heavier on the PSU.

Also, I don't see hard drive at all - just a 240GB SSD. I always like to see an SSD in a build, but there is a good chance you will fill that up fast. I recommend adding at least a 500GB HDD, but preferably 1TB.

Solution

Ospreyt

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016

I'll be using it for 3 years only, at which point I will get another desktop (for college); I don't actually think I'll even use 240 GB of SSD; I will download CS:GO and BF4 on it and some other small games, which shouldn't take that much space up- and other than that, there won't be much on it. I don't have tons and tons of games, just 5 or so.

Ospreyt

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016

Thanks! I'm really excited.

(To be honest, this is going to be my first time playing BF4- all my previous computers have been BF4 unrunnable potatos.)