oc FX-6300 - correct setup on bios?

shakko81

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Hello community!
I just read alot on internet about oc and about FX-6300.
My goal is to reach at least 4,2 - 4,3 ghz ( while oc at the same time my gpu in order to improve my performance while playing WOW:Legion)

My specs are the following:

ASRock 970DE3/U3S3
DDR3-1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 7770
RAM 8gb DDR3 SDRAM
Hyper 212x as cooler.

Before starting the real tests with prime 95, I have some doubts about the correct configuration on bios while overclocking: I mean if, for example, I forgot to disable some power saving feature.

Could you tell me please if I miss something?

pnzJYEgkj

plmdKaLij

pm39pngAj

Solution
Yes, you can enable C&Q and other power saving features after stable OC is reached but you'll have to keep an eye on your programs and game because sometimes they ca introduce short lags or hiccups while switching to higher mode.
VRM I mentioned is on the MB, VRM (Voltage Regulation Module), supplies power to processor, memory and PCIe slots. There's similar module on graphic cards too. They can heat up with raising voltage/power to those parts. Usually have integrated protection in case of overheating and can lower the voltage of their output and so slow down what ever they supply power to.
Personally, I'm against OCing GPUs because results are unpredictable for very small gain.
GPUs also use some power from PCIe slot (up to 75W)...

shakko81

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Should I enable some power saving feature like cool'n'quiet , spread spectrum once I find a stable oc configuration? Ps: speaking of VRM you mean my gpu oc's troubles? I just followed a good guide here in tomshw-uk and atm I was able to reach 1180 MHz clock speed with 1450 MHz memory , tested on msi kombustor 65C max temp after several runs. (power control+50% and auto fan speed curve on msi afterburner, voltage default at 1,250 as intended for 7770 vapor x)

Yes, you can enable C&Q and other power saving features after stable OC is reached but you'll have to keep an eye on your programs and game because sometimes they ca introduce short lags or hiccups while switching to higher mode.
VRM I mentioned is on the MB, VRM (Voltage Regulation Module), supplies power to processor, memory and PCIe slots. There's similar module on graphic cards too. They can heat up with raising voltage/power to those parts. Usually have integrated protection in case of overheating and can lower the voltage of their output and so slow down what ever they supply power to.
Personally, I'm against OCing GPUs because results are unpredictable for very small gain.
GPUs also use some power from PCIe slot (up to 75W) and in case of cards with no added power, all the power from PCIe slot and so put even more strain on MB.

Solution

shakko81

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Ok I just applied the mx-4 and installed the hyper 212x cm, after running pr95 for more than 20 min the temp are totally fine, core 45C, despite the less temps I just got bluescreen issues from Windows and blackscreen occasionally! I just put vcore at 1,35v and cpu ratio is 20,5 (4100ghz) , I was wondering if these issues could be related to my psu: Cooler Master Elite Power RS-460-PSAR-I3