i3-6100 gtx970 4gb vs i5 6400 gtx 960 2gb

Ivan Miguel

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
Which one is better? Im gonna play csgo, dota2, dark soul series, far cry series, tomb raider, witcher 3, gta v and some mmorpg.

Solution
go with the i3 and 970, it will be faster for most games. if it was for myself i would be thinking that if i were to get the i3 and the 970 in the future i can get a faster card or a faster cpu with the same kind of budget, however with an i5 and the 960 you could can get a faster gpu but in order to get a new cpu at the same budget you may need to get a new board. but boths options have room to upgrade in the future im just giving an example of why i would choose the i3 and 970, in terms of just performance for gaming it will be much better, ive given out old workstations ive fixed up to friends with old xeons and they chuck cards similar to 970's in them and they make great gaming pc's, heavy, big and ugly and sound like a space ship...

mitsoevo

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
go with the i3 and 970, it will be faster for most games. if it was for myself i would be thinking that if i were to get the i3 and the 970 in the future i can get a faster card or a faster cpu with the same kind of budget, however with an i5 and the 960 you could can get a faster gpu but in order to get a new cpu at the same budget you may need to get a new board. but boths options have room to upgrade in the future im just giving an example of why i would choose the i3 and 970, in terms of just performance for gaming it will be much better, ive given out old workstations ive fixed up to friends with old xeons and they chuck cards similar to 970's in them and they make great gaming pc's, heavy, big and ugly and sound like a space ship starting up but they were cheap and work well.

Solution