New 1200$ build

Klaus41

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Hello good people!

I have after years of only having a laptop finally decided to get myself a desktop. And since I have been out of the whole hardware game for quite some time now, I am looking for bit of assistance in here.

First of all I already have a monitor (only 60hz for now though), I have the peripherals, so all I'm looking for is the computer itself.

I am expecting to use it mainly for gaming and programming.

I live in Denmark, why I would appreciate that you take this into consideration when looking for parts. Currently I am looking at ordering the parts from germany, more precisely MindFactory.de.

I have been researching a little bit, and I have ended up with the following system:

https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping_cart.php/basket_action/load_basket_extern/id/599859221a760b2c18299c8751a711258d66d609f2de92f2645

Feel free to come with any relevant comments, as all help is appreciated :)

xFeaRDom

Estimable
First off, there's no exact point on getting a 6600k unless you're planning to overclock in the future, as you currently have an air cooling (On that system) you will basically not be able to get much of an overclock, so unless you plan on getting a Corsair H100i (or something similar) as a closed circuit water cooler, then I would recommend getting a 6600.

The Power supply is alright, however, but if you're going to overclock I would recommend finding somewhere that sells a EVGA Supernova G2 650W PSU. As that is a great PSU to be used for that.

Other than that, that build is pretty good!

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

I disagree quite a bit. The exact point of getting a 6600k is to overclock, and he probably knows that, for a gaming build this something that many people consider and for good reason aswell. With a good air cooler you can OC to 4.5 Ghz unless you're just really unlucky (silicon lottery).

Klaus41

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
I wasnt looking at overclocking it right away tbh, but as far as I can tell, it's worth it getting it anyways. Especially in case I wanna fuck around with OC at some point.