$2000 prebuilt gaming pc

Blueboy81

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016
Hi, I am currently looking to buy a solid prebuilt gaming PC as I don't know enough to build my own, I am from Australia and have $2000 to spend. Hoping it would be possible for PC to at least include a gtx 1080, Intel i7 6700k and x99 motherboard and 8gb ram, Any suggestions?
Thankyou

Solution

liquid cooling rarely offers an improvment in terms of cooling
a good liquid cooler (100$+) cools as good as a good air cooler (60$+)
it offers some advantages as you don't need to worry about RAM or airflow and it simply looks great
on the other hand, cheaper solutions tend to be noisy and you gotta be comfortable with the thought of liquid circling through the system with the eventuality of a leak

generally I'd look for an i5/i7 with 16GB RAM + a 1080 (doesn't matter which one) + a SSD + a nice PSU...

Blueboy81

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016

Blueboy81

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016
Thanks isokolon, I didn't realise the x99 wasn't compatible with 6700k, thankyou for recommending 16 GB ram. Are there any american pre built PCs you would recommend? Also should I be looking at a liquid cooled system or not

liquid cooling rarely offers an improvment in terms of cooling
a good liquid cooler (100$+) cools as good as a good air cooler (60$+)
it offers some advantages as you don't need to worry about RAM or airflow and it simply looks great
on the other hand, cheaper solutions tend to be noisy and you gotta be comfortable with the thought of liquid circling through the system with the eventuality of a leak

generally I'd look for an i5/i7 with 16GB RAM + a 1080 (doesn't matter which one) + a SSD + a nice PSU (Wattage or "Gold" doesn't mean anything in this regard)

Solution