970 GTX goes black screen during gaming and running valley or heaven benchmark

FH__

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Hey guys,

I have my 970 for about almost a year and it's starting to get some weird issues. My screen suddenly goes black when playing games.

Also when running heaven benchmark 4.0 or valleybenchmark 1.0..
It seems to be stable at the start but after 15minutes when reaching 80degrees~ mark.. my computer will go black screen and i lose some sort of signal? I can still hear everything but thats all. (I have to force restart)

I've searched all over internet and people talk about rma or downclocking it.

My question now is. What if i will put a n970 liquid cooling + corsair h70 series on my EVGA 970gtx SSC.. Will that also solve my problem? Or is it not warmth related?

Solution
it looks like it's temperatures related. why bother to fix it yourself? if it's under warranty they have to fix the cooler themselves. sure, you can get a wterblock and it will work better for a while at least, but you can also rma it fixed by the manufacturer.

what psu do you have? and what cpu/motherboard? how are those when the screen blacks out?
it looks like it's temperatures related. why bother to fix it yourself? if it's under warranty they have to fix the cooler themselves. sure, you can get a wterblock and it will work better for a while at least, but you can also rma it fixed by the manufacturer.

what psu do you have? and what cpu/motherboard? how are those when the screen blacks out?

Solution

FH__

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
I have

ASRock P67 Professional Motherboard
Intel Core i7 2600k Processor with Corsair h100i liquid cooler
8gb ddr3 1600mhz Ram
Evga 970 GTX SSC Graphic card
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
2 TB SATA 2 HDD
Cooler Master GX 750w Bronze PSU

FH__

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016

ASRock P67 Professional Motherboard
Intel Core i7 2600k Processor with Corsair h100i liquid cooler
8gb ddr3 1600mhz Ram
Evga 970 GTX SSC Graphic card
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
2 TB SATA 2 HDD
Cooler Master GX 750w Bronze PSU

--

I'm not very familiar with this site :O instead of replying i accidently put you as solution.

--

Any other advice besides rma? :p

Cole_9

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
Another thing that may help is to check and see if the fans of the GPU are Running to begin with. If they are not booting then try using a program like afterburner and try to set them to run at a certain speed