R9 380 - display corruption and crashing

muFFlyx

Reputable
May 19, 2015
Specs:
Mobo - GA-970A-UD3P
CPU - AMD FX-8350 (OCed to 4.6 GHz)
GPU - Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB
PSU - Antec 600W (not quite sure exact model, is somewhat old)
RAM - 8GB (4x2GB) G.Skill 1333Mhz

For the past couple of days (since I updated Radeon drivers from 16.7.3 to 16.9.1), my PC has been crashing and encountering BSODs left and right, with random yet heavy graphical corruption.

This sometimes happens when I'm just doing nothing (on the desktop or browsing the internet), but it's completely inevitable when I play Overwatch (the only game that I've tested so far). Within 5 minutes of playing, my monitor flickers a bit and goes black, and the game audio cuts out. Sometimes it just stays here, but usually I'll get a BSOD - either MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER.

I used DDU to remove the 16.9.1 drivers and reinstall them, but to no avail. After this I again used DDU and this time installed older CCC drivers from the disk that came with my R9 380, and while it's happening less frequently and hasn't resulted in a BSOD yet, my PC still crashed to a black screen after a few minutes of playing Overwatch and I had to force restart it.

This has never happened before, it only began occurring a day or two ago. Help is appreciated, and if you need any other information, I'll be glad to provide it.