Niaxi_

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
Specs of my pc
core i3 2100
asus gtx 650ti boost
8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram
hard drive :http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136098

PROBLEM: I installed windows 8.1 on it and disk usages goes to 100% all the time but memory usage is always below 10% it is only 80% when i m playing GTA V.
Now if i m copying one file to other part then mozilla will not open at all but i can see him running in background process and when copy task is finished it pops up.
Disk usage is always 100%.
What I DID::::: I disabled many useless thing like super fetch windows search thing . I turned off windows defender and enabled defragging and many more tweaks . Each tweaks work for 2 minutes and again disk usage is 100%... I m really pissed off i cant even run steam downloading in background while playing game.
Any help would be appreciated else i m going back to windows 7 ( installing gpu drivers was main issue there)

Solution
Hi Niaxi_.

It sounds like a really unfortunate situation. :(

First, I'd suggest that you backup your data, just to be on the safe side, as this is a standard procedure whenever it comes to issues with drives. After that I'd recommend that you try disabling BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) as well, if you haven't done so already.
You should also download DLG (Data Lifeguard) and run both Quick and Extended tests, to see what's the situation with the drive: How to test a drive for problems using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows. Other than that you could give it a try with a different SATA port and different SATA cables, to see if the same issue occurs.

Hope that helps. Please keep me posted.
Boogieman_WD
Hi Niaxi_.

It sounds like a really unfortunate situation. :(

First, I'd suggest that you backup your data, just to be on the safe side, as this is a standard procedure whenever it comes to issues with drives. After that I'd recommend that you try disabling BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) as well, if you haven't done so already.
You should also download DLG (Data Lifeguard) and run both Quick and Extended tests, to see what's the situation with the drive: How to test a drive for problems using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows. Other than that you could give it a try with a different SATA port and different SATA cables, to see if the same issue occurs.

Hope that helps. Please keep me posted.
Boogieman_WD

Solution

TRENDING THREADS