Rx 480 sapphire nitro OC 8GB vs MSI rx 480 Gaming X 8 GB

HueHue Gaming

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
Hello guys,

right now i am trying to figure out which of the 2 above mentioned cards i should get.

My main concern is temp difference between those 2 cards. The Sapphire should be more powerful out of the box, but I was thinking about OC'ing the cards and I am worried that the Sapphire one will not do as good as the MSI one or even reduce its life span.

In my country the the Sapphire one is on sale (~295 Euro) and the MSI is on full price (365 Euro).

Now I can't decide what to do. Should i wait and see if the MSI will go eventually on sale.. or will the Sapphire perform good at OC (i was thinking to try 1400-1450.) without altering it's lifetime/encountering heat throttling.

What would you recommend?

Solution
But that's the thing it's really a mute point because first overclocking is literally luck of the draw and as for performance any difference will be within margin of error. The only real difference you're going to find is in their cooling potential.

neieus

Distinguished
But that's the thing it's really a mute point because first overclocking is literally luck of the draw and as for performance any difference will be within margin of error. The only real difference you're going to find is in their cooling potential.

Solution