i5 3450 temp 105 c while converting video

Solution
Humid air sucks more at taking heat off of heatsinks. In fact, it's rather good at depositing its heat back onto the heatsinks, which is bad. With 32C ambient temperature, and bad airflow, and the stock intel cooler, I can see why you're easily overheating your CPU without trying. A modern CPU typically idles 10-15C over ambient, explaining your ridiculously high idle temps.

Hard drives produce barely any heat. They're also designed to function within a temperature range of like -10C to 38C on average. Your average DVR has a hard drive in it, and there's absolutely no airflow in that box, and yet it's expected to function 24/7/365. There's nothing wrong with stacking hard drives on top of each other, but your CPU, motherboard, and GPU...

amtseung

Distinguished
No no no, anything over 90C is potentially fatal for any CPU. 105C is awful, especially if it's socket temps.

Is your CPU cooler mounted properly? Is there an adequate amount of thermal paste there? Which cooler are you using? How is your case cooling and what is your fan config? Which program are you using to check temps? Is there another program you can use to check temps and cross reference your readings of 105C?

Ujjwal_1

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015

i am using stock cooler and never remove it my pc is 2 years old and my case is a little bit compact
i am using core temp and msi afterburner for temprature
my avg tempratures is 45 to 60 c

amtseung

Distinguished
If your PC is idling at 45-60C, something is horribly wrong, even though the stock cooler is pretty bad. Check to see that it's mounted properly, where all the plastic pins are fully inserted and the push pins are fully compressed, and that your thermal compound isn't dried up and crusty or plain old missing.

If you have load temps of 45-60C, that seems pretty reasonable. I don't trust readings from Coretemp anymore, ever since it told me one day that my CPU was idling at 215C and was over 9000C under load. Run HWMonitor and/or CPU-Z to see which programs are reporting accurately.

Ujjwal_1

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015

here is a screen shot of those apps
Screenshot_26.png

amtseung

Distinguished
Your CPU is running a bit on the warm side still. Hovering around 65C while at 50% load is pretty bad. Check your cooler to see if it's mounted properly, and check if there's adequate thermal paste. If it is all good and proper, it may be time to invest in better case airflow and/or a better CPU cooler.

That TJMax you see in your Coretemp window is just reminding you what the absolute temperature limit is of your CPU before you actually break something, which is 105C. Thankfully, you haven't reached that.

I am slightly worried though, since you have a couple of motherboard temp readings nearing 100C. I think your case airflow is a potential culprit here.

Ujjwal_1

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015

my case is not good and after installed 2 hdd 1 ssd and a graphics card there are too many wires in my case but i dont have money at this time or near 3-4 months for any thing new in my pc is there any other way please suggest
and what are these TMPIN in HW moniter

amtseung

Distinguished
Crank your fans to 100% and take the side panel off. If it doesn't cool down, point a big room fan at it. If it's still too hot, and your ambient temperature is really high (and humid), you probably just shouldn't run your computer. You can sit down and take a day or so to carefully do some proper cable management.

Ujjwal_1

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015

i am going to re assemble my pc and is there any changes come with humity level in the weather i live in india and some time humidity is over 75 and i am posting a weather forcast please see and tell what are the normal cpu temps in my area
Screenshot_27.png

Ujjwal_1

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015

my problem is solved i just cleaned the cpu fan and apply new thermal paste
there is only 1 thing i wonder that is if i put my hdd very close to other hdd is there any problem the gap is is about 1-3 mm

amtseung

Distinguished
Humid air sucks more at taking heat off of heatsinks. In fact, it's rather good at depositing its heat back onto the heatsinks, which is bad. With 32C ambient temperature, and bad airflow, and the stock intel cooler, I can see why you're easily overheating your CPU without trying. A modern CPU typically idles 10-15C over ambient, explaining your ridiculously high idle temps.

Hard drives produce barely any heat. They're also designed to function within a temperature range of like -10C to 38C on average. Your average DVR has a hard drive in it, and there's absolutely no airflow in that box, and yet it's expected to function 24/7/365. There's nothing wrong with stacking hard drives on top of each other, but your CPU, motherboard, and GPU all need adequate airflow, which you aren't getting.

Solution