Help .... RX 460 Vs GTX 950

Yami_2

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
Hello guys ,

Now I had Evga GTX 950 OC+ , that suddenly had a fan issue ( one of its fan stopped working and it was beeping ) that would be 6 months after I bought it ... anyways I got back to the store I bought it from and they told me they can reduce small % of its price and give me back money ... or they could exchange it for( Gigabyte RX 460 4GB Version or Gigabyte GTX 950 1 fan Edition )

now I am in a total loss ... ppl saying that GTX 950 has better performance than RX 460 ... and honestly AMD drivers SUCK ... Nvidia drivers way better .. easier to handle too ...

so I don't know what to choose ...Please help me ! ( I just need less headach card I mean I don't wanna keep visiting the store for issues )

Mac070

Admirable
BANNED
The funny thing is that people who say that don't really know what they're talking about. It's like one year people say " Aw the Nvidia Drivers Suck" Then the next year " Aw the AMD Drivers Suck Then the Next Year " Aw Both Companies Drivers Suck"

To be honest the RX 460 does perform better than the GTX 950 . Both companies tend to have issues with their drivers but are fixed soon a possible. If you have the GTX 950 2GB then differently get the RX 460 4GB. Even if the GTX 950 is a 4GB I'd still take the RX 460. The RX 460 is newer, performs better and supports Vulcan which is going to give it a boost.
Benchmarks

Yami_2

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016

How come it performs better when all benchmarks says GTX faster and better ( slightly)

I agree. Though the GTX 950 is slightly faster in most titles today, I'd rather have a 4GB RX 460 1-2 years from now than I would a 2GB GTX 950.

Usually budget cards with 128 bit bus can't really use 4gb, so it's not worth the extra cost. But I've seen benchmarks showing the 4gb 460 getting increased performance over the 2gb in certain newer games. This makes me think this card will come into its own in the future. So I'd choose the 460.