How do I configure a Maxtor and Seagate hard drive for use in a Dell T3500?

chase864

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
I have two 500 GB drives that I'd like to use in my Dell T3500 workstation. Installing the drives was easy. Configuring them to work is a nightmare. Help?

Solution
Hi there chase864,

Well, it would be really nice to provide some more information on the issue you are facing.

Are both drives recognized by BIOS? In case any of those is not, you can double check the connection. Use different cables and ports.
If these drives are supposed to be secondary ones, you can go to Disk Management and see whether and how they are recognized.
In case the drives are new, they may require to be initialized -> partitioned and formatted.

Let us know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)
Hi there chase864,

Well, it would be really nice to provide some more information on the issue you are facing.

Are both drives recognized by BIOS? In case any of those is not, you can double check the connection. Use different cables and ports.
If these drives are supposed to be secondary ones, you can go to Disk Management and see whether and how they are recognized.
In case the drives are new, they may require to be initialized -> partitioned and formatted.

Let us know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution