100% Disk Usage (Amongst high memory, and cpu usages)

iAcai

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015
I have a rig running very poorly in term of memory, CPU and disk space. On average The CPU runs at 50-60%, memory at 30-60% and diskspace jumps around all the way up to 100%. Everything goes up in usage when running games or virus scans for example.

Specs:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 32nm Technology

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz (11-11-11-28)

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A99FX PRO R2.0 (Socket 942)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (EVGA)

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00WN4A0 (SATA)

Ive scanned the disk for errors, and made sure there are no viruses or anything. I did just recently disable cortana and a few of the default windows apps, but I dont that should be an issue here. I also disabled superfectch etc etc. for the disk and so no dice.

Here is a screenshot of high usage with the only notable item running being bitdefender (ignore teamviewer) IVe also tried running with windows defense, and avira to see if there was something wrong with the antivirus I was using. Once again, no dice.

The bogging has happened more recently (seemed fine before disabling some windows features) but not for example as a task, SYSTEM will run at 20-30mb/s and all other sorts of crazy stuff.

I will provide as much possible information as I can to answer that I get.

Solution
Well different systems, with perhaps different OS versions? Sometimes things might mess up every once in awhile even though everything might have gone perfectly 9 out of 10 times. The good news here is that there are no errors whatsoever. So I'd recommend that you backup your important data and make a fresh install of Windows (by having only the SSD connected to the motherboard during the installation process), to see if you'd still have the same problems afterwards. I know it's a tedious process to make a clean install and setup everything from scratch, but if it's an OS issue, this might solve it.
Hey there, iAcai.

You did good by checking the drive for errors! What method did you use, did you go with DLG (Data Lifeguard) for the diagnostic tests? If not, I'd recommend that you download it and re-test the drive by running both (Quick and Extended) tests just to double-check and make sure that that HDD is in a good condition. Here's how to do that: How to test a drive for problems using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows.
You've mentioned to ignore TeamViewer but it seems like it's the reason for the bigger part of the CPU and memory usage. As for the Disk usage, I'd recommend that you disable BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) as well, if you haven't done so already. Try updating your OS, to see if that fixes things up. Try the HDD with a different SATA port and different cables as well.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

iAcai

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015
The reason I said ignore teamviewer, is because even though it said it was using a lot of CPU, the cpu didn't drop at all after closing it. It stayed almost the same of fluctuated higher.

The pc did not have issues until I disabled Microsoft features. Currently, the windows version is 1607 for Win 10 and should be the latest as I checked that.

Also I check with both of these drive solutions with no errors and I still cant imagine that the drive, cpu and memory are all having issues after removing settings on windows 10 without there being a coincidence there. The only weird thing is that ive disabled the same exact features on maybe 14-15 other computers for my pals without any issues what so ever.

Well different systems, with perhaps different OS versions? Sometimes things might mess up every once in awhile even though everything might have gone perfectly 9 out of 10 times. The good news here is that there are no errors whatsoever. So I'd recommend that you backup your important data and make a fresh install of Windows (by having only the SSD connected to the motherboard during the installation process), to see if you'd still have the same problems afterwards. I know it's a tedious process to make a clean install and setup everything from scratch, but if it's an OS issue, this might solve it.

Solution