RX 460 Strix Not recognized by motherboard but is receiving power

ausemt

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
I have a RX 460 and MSI B150 PC MATE.

The motherboard doesn't seem to recognize the graphics card, the VGA EZ debug light turns on when the graphics card is installed. I have used the integrated graphics and the pc Works fine.

i have a single stick of 4gb and i have tested it on all the slots, Works fine.

I know the graphics card is receiving power because the power indicator led turns White when plugged and the RGB light turns on when the Pc is on. I have also tried the other pci-e 16x slot and it doesn't work.

ausemt

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013

It requires a 6 pin PCIE POWER connection

Specs:

i3 6100
4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4
1 TB WD Blue drive
EVGA 500w White

ausemt

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013

I read the manual, and it says i need a jumper cap which the motherboard didn't come with, can i use a screw driver to jump the two pins?

If you have connected the six pin 12v Pci-e power connector block to the RX 460 card, and are met with a red light on the motherboard next to the PCi-E card slot Ausment

It means that all of the eight 12v EPS power connectors from the PSU in most cases are not connected.

You need to fit the eight pin power block from the psu.
click on the picture link bellow so you can see the eight pin 12v EPS power block connector on the B150 board you have.
It is down on the bottom left of the motherboard black in color Ausemt.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=MSI+B150+PC+MATE&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiZxP-G1tvPAhUhIMAKHUV1Dc0Q_AUICigD&biw=1920&bih=988#imgrc=OKtteSUj7kyfvM%3A

Once connected the RX 460 card will work in the Pci-e slot of the motherboard and the red led light will turn off.