1250 Euro Build - Suggestions ?

Vlad_14

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
I've selected my parts for now . I wanna hear your thoughts on them . If you have any suggestions , please tell me . Let me know if they are compatible (I checked them , they should be) . If you have better parts that would fit in this budget , than the ones I selected , also let me know. Here's the build :
GPU : Asus ROG STRIX-GTX1070-8G-Gaming
CPU : I5 6600K
CPU Cooler : SilentiumPC Fortis 3
MOBO : ASrock Z170 Gaming K4
Memory : 16 GB RAM Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15 Red version
Case : Phanteks P400-S version
Storage : Crucial MX300 SSD 525GB
My only concerns are : the cpu cooler . Someone recommended it , as it seems to beat both the hyper 212 evo and Cryorig H7 . I've seen reviews , it should be good , but if you had real contact with it , tell me .
And plus , I've left a HDD behind , at the start I said that I will buy a 1TB HDD + 275GB SSD from Crucial , but the 525gb one is the same as the two combined . If I need any other storage , I still have my old pc , and I can just add another hdd of 1tb , they are fairly cheap .
One question : I've seen that the m.2 version of the ssd from the Crucial has the same price . I heard that m.2 ssd's are faster , and the mobo supports one . Should I buy the m.2 one from Crucial , or leave it for later ?
EDIT : I will stick with conventional SSD , not m.2 . Plus , I found the Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Edition Bronze 620W at only 10$ higher than the non-modular version , so full modular supply for only 10$ more ? Ill take it

Solution
Go 2 intakes + 1 exhaust 140 mm fans setup. Link them all to the case fan controller through cable management as show in the case manual.
This is all you need really for a single GTX1070 setup.
But if you want more you could control them using the motherboard:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/how-to-create-a-three-speed-fan-control-without-spending-a-dime/
If you want even better cooling performance than CRYORIG H7 Universal
you should try a 240mm AIO or a bigger/expensive one like the Noctua NH-D15.

My opinion: CRYORIG H7 Universal will prob give you the best price/performance for the usual overclock you could ask for.

M.2-2280 dont give you more performance.
After all the Crucial 525GB MX300 is not about performance. The MX300 series is a good consumer mainstream ssd.
It is about price/performance.
If you want performence go Samsung 950 PRO.

My opinion: Crucial 525GB MX300 for plenty, cheaper and ordinary SSD-performance storage.

Vlad_14

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
I know that the Crcuial is more bugdet oriented , its clearly when comparing their prices and performances with the samsung's . My question is : should I buy m.2 or just not complicate myself and go with an ssd sata 3 ? They have the same price , so they probably have the same performance .

Vlad_14

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Btw , I've seen that this Psu is also available : a Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Edition Bronze 620W . Is it fully modular or semi-modular ? My case will cover my cables , but maybe a modular psu would be handy too . Plus the difference is like 10$ , at least on the shop i am right now

My Seasonic is semi-modular. I dont see any problem in that because the no-modular cables are only those i had to use anyway.
So for me semi-modular or full-modular are both equally great.
Your choice for PSU is fair: No point in build a strong gaming rig like that and chose a poor quality psu.

Vlad_14

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
So from what i've seen , theres 3 moddels from seasonic : no modular , semi-modular and fully modular . The price of the full modular is the same compared to semi-modular on other sites (the semi modular isnt available on the cheaper site) . So ill just buy the full modular one . I think my build is completely done , i dont know what else i could improve in it

Vlad_14

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Go 2 intakes + 1 exhaust 140 mm fans setup. Link them all to the case fan controller through cable management as show in the case manual.
This is all you need really for a single GTX1070 setup.
But if you want more you could control them using the motherboard:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/how-to-create-a-three-speed-fan-control-without-spending-a-dime/

Solution
Maybe just one slower strong high-quality fan for rear position may serve you better than 2 120mm cheaper fans. just a thought. :D

2 120mm fans (intake) + 1 140mm fan (exhaust) + cpu cooler well-positioned (exhaust) is a nice cooling solution.