fx 6300 vs a10 7850k vs i3 6100

alexsat

Honorable
Jan 16, 2016
for heavy multitasking don´t care about upgrade path because i´m planning to use it for less of a year as a guinea pig,so include heavy overclocking there too.

Solution

He specifically said in the original post that this will be a temporary guinea pig build and wants to OC.
It is going to be cheaper for him to get the AMD system, and it will allow him to play around with proper overclocking, as opposed to the slight BLCK changes on an i3.

Don't get me wrong, I'm currently an Intel user first and foremost (i7 laptop and i7 4770k -> i7 6800k), but for his desired usage scenario the AMD would be more suitable.

G-star93

Honorable
Oct 19, 2014
Lol i3 6100 is in every aspect better than fx6300 in gaming or single core performance and in multitasking or multicore performance. Even in rendering and encoding yes. Get the i3 or save up 50€ amd get i5 by far the best choice

bradsctt

Distinguished

He specifically said in the original post that this will be a temporary guinea pig build and wants to OC.
It is going to be cheaper for him to get the AMD system, and it will allow him to play around with proper overclocking, as opposed to the slight BLCK changes on an i3.

Don't get me wrong, I'm currently an Intel user first and foremost (i7 laptop and i7 4770k -> i7 6800k), but for his desired usage scenario the AMD would be more suitable.

Solution