1070 run 3 4K?

electrometro

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014
Will a 1070 run 3 4K monitors? No gaming. Just browsing, coding and watching videos.

Looking for a good egpu for my MacBook Pro.

Solution
yes it will work fine in theory, you might even not need that much power. the CPU in the MacBook will hold it back a bunch, so trying extreme multitasking still wont work well, as even the quad core i7s in those things are not real powerhouses.
yes it will work fine in theory, you might even not need that much power. the CPU in the MacBook will hold it back a bunch, so trying extreme multitasking still wont work well, as even the quad core i7s in those things are not real powerhouses.

Solution

electrometro

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014

In that case, a 1060? I currently have the M370x in the MBP and I don't think it can really handle the monitors.

The m270X is pretty weak and old so it makes sense it cannot keep up. a 1060 should work fine and I guess it is not worth the extra money to get a 1070 for some one obscure station where it makes any sort of difference. see if you can get it with an easy return policy so that you can get eh 1070 if you find for some reason there is not enough video power.