Just got a new 1070 and I cant run BF1 at constant 60 FPS

marclemore

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
I bought a MSI 1070 gaming X GPU the other day to replace my old card. I uninstalled all of my old AMD drivers, I ran DDU, and then I installed the latest Nvidia drivers. The problem is I can't run Battlefield 1 at a constant 60 fps while my buddy with a 980ti is able to get it over 100 FPS. This issue is incredibly frustrating and I would of thought that for 400 dollars I would be getting much better performance. I messed with just about every setting in game, turning off Direct X 12 did nothing, and turning the resolution scaling down to 50 % did not help me get any frame rates over 80 fps with drops to 60 fps. This is extremely odd to me, I've tried reinstalling the drivers, and that did not do anything either. I ran the "Time Spy" benchmark on 3DMark and scored a 5531. (graphics score of 6092, cpu score of 3635). From what I can tell that is very low.
And advice would be much appreciated.

My other specs are as follows:
Cpu- Intel i7 4770k OC to 4.0 or 4.2 GHz
Motherboard- Asus 787-k
Ram- 8 GB single stick DDR3
PSU- Corsair RM1000 watt Gold
GPU- MSI gaming X 1070

Solution

Not that hard... overclocking it should reduce the CPU usage not raise it, and trust me anything over 90% is bottleneck. Also, just raising the bclk of a CPU doesn't perform miracles. There are lots of other factors involved unfortunately. Also you may need more than 8gb of RAM...

marclemore

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

It's important to note that I am playing at 1080p. I would expect much better performance

Yeah I guess you should expect a little better. Does your card max out in-game? Are you using it's full power? GPU usage, power, memory cache etc? Have you tried GEForce Experience's recommended settings (not that they are usually any good, but it'd be worth seeing what fps you get)

marclemore

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

Yeah I tried out Geforce's optimal settings which still yielded low results. Even turning in game setting to low presets did not give me a smooth 60 FPS. GPU usage was at 100%, CPU was at 90%. I'm really just stumped

marclemore

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

The 1070 can out perform last generation Titans. From what I can see a 1070 should yield at least a constant 80 FPS on ultra settings.

Maybe it's your CPU/chipset. The CPU load is too close to maximum for optimum performance/. Because of the spikes in-game for various scenes, you may be getting a bottleneck. Am surprised by that with that CPU but anything 90% or over is too high.

marclemore

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

Whoops didnt mean to click solution, my bad. The CPU usage is probably that high because it is OC from 3.5 to 4.0, but from what I understand you want your CPU working hard while playing a video game.

Not that hard... overclocking it should reduce the CPU usage not raise it, and trust me anything over 90% is bottleneck. Also, just raising the bclk of a CPU doesn't perform miracles. There are lots of other factors involved unfortunately. Also you may need more than 8gb of RAM. Your card is fine though.

Solution

marclemore

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

Yeah I was on another site and everyone over there came to the conclusion that my ram was the issue, as EA recommends 16 GB for the game. I'll see what I can do about the CPU though, thanks for all the help :)