1080 Ti sli

izoli

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
I currently have a gtx 1080, I was wondering what would be expected if I got a 1080 Ti when it releases and use the 1080 in sli with that?

I know it's best to have everything identical, but it wouldn't really cause microstutter would it?

Solution
It won't work, SLI requires the exact same card (both would need to be either 1080 or the Ti version) and I wouldn't recommend going for SLI unless your gaming with a Ultra Widescreen monitor or 4K since the performance gain is minimal at lower resolutions.

As a side note you always do get a little bit of micro stuttering with any kind of SLI, best going with the best single GPU you can afford. I know when aftermarket/hybrid versions of the 1080 ti come out I'm selling my SLI setup and grabbing one.

WildCard999

Titan
It won't work, SLI requires the exact same card (both would need to be either 1080 or the Ti version) and I wouldn't recommend going for SLI unless your gaming with a Ultra Widescreen monitor or 4K since the performance gain is minimal at lower resolutions.

As a side note you always do get a little bit of micro stuttering with any kind of SLI, best going with the best single GPU you can afford. I know when aftermarket/hybrid versions of the 1080 ti come out I'm selling my SLI setup and grabbing one.

Solution

Luminary

Admirable
That's a good chance you would see problems (if they would work at all, which they probably wouldn't).

There's no way we can say for sure because the 1080ti isn't out yet so tests for varying SLI configs haven't been conducted en-masse, but if they behave anything like previous cards you would probably get issues.