fx 9590 cooling option

abde192

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
Hi guys i'm wondering if an air cooler like the cooler master masterair maker 8 can cool enough my fx 9590

abde192

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
okay thanks alot for the quick answer!
and also, i have an asus 970 pro gaming aura am3+, do you think i can fit the cooler master masterair maker 8 onto it?
Ihave dual 4gb ram

D

Deleted member 217926

That motherboard does not support an FX 9xxx CPU.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/970-PRO-GAMING-AURA/HelpDesk_CPU/

Almost no 970 series chipset boards do and even the ones with official support it isn't a good idea.

Only certain ones do, you have to look up the board on the manufacturers website and check the CPU support list. I know ASUS has a board or 2 that can support it.

Honestly though, you would be better off getting a 8370 and overclocking it yourself, might not get quite as high, but should get pretty close and at a much lower TDP.

D

Deleted member 217926

We see many, many problems with the FX 9xxx series chips and motherboards that officially support them. Truly one of the worst CPU series ever made.

A stock i5 beats one in pretty much everything. A stock i3 beats one in almost all gaming benchmarks.

If you are staying with AMD them Martell1977 is right on. Get an FX 8350 or 8370 and overclock it. You will still need a good motherboard and cooling but you are less likely to have problems.