using 950 PRO NVME in USB3.0 to m.2 external enclosure case adapter - possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

honey2015

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
is possible to use ssd Samsung 950 PRO 512Gb, which is 4x 3.0 pcie lanes, with this adapter?

link to adapter is here :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-3-0-to-NGFF-M-2-External-SSD-Drive-Enclosure-Case-Caddy-Adapter-Converter-/121977518303?hash=item1c666d38df:g:arMAAOSwrXdXKzx9

I do not expect it to have full speed, but I must be sure it can work at all. imagine I'm traveling somewhere distant and I want to transfer data on my ssd to somebody. it is easier to take just ssd, not whole pc :)

so it would be acceptable if it can work even at reduced speed, but I must be able to transfer data.

tnx

Solution

No. Why would thay make those since you there is no external connector capable of handling the speeds?
Actually i think you are the only person in the world who want to use his/her 950 pro as a portable drive :)

honey2015

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
you are 100% sure? do not let me order this if can't work :D

I do not know how much power usb 3.0 port can supply, hope it can do it enough for this ssd?

NVME also won't cause any incompatibility?

speed is not a problem because it will not be used often. maybe few times in life, to transfer some data that way. of course, I hope it will still be above usb 2.0 speed :p

No. Why would thay make those since you there is no external connector capable of handling the speeds?
Actually i think you are the only person in the world who want to use his/her 950 pro as a portable drive :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.