GT 730 overheating easily

Rafael Mestdag

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
I'm not even reaching 70ºC and the games are exhibiting weird graphics due to overheating. I apparently solved it by lowering the clock and memory and also putting a desk fan beside the card next to the tower.

Is this card famous for overheating?

gussrtk

Honorable
The 730 is really not a "gaming" gpu let's say. I also know that some of those cards don't even come with a heatsink fan. Do you have a fan on it?

Which games do you play? Because the games could be just too much for gpu and it just can't keep up. Also you said it's got weird graphic issues? Could even be the gpu is just dying.

If it is, an RX 460 is a great low budget gpu for a great price, that's a suggestion as well.

Rafael Mestdag

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014

It does have a fan on it. The games that are currently giving me problems are Eurotruck Simulator 2(weird graphics), Far Cry 4(won't start), Crysis 2(weird graphics) and Mafia 2(occasional weird graphics).

I don't think it's dying, it's been bought last week.

PS: The temperature rarely goes over 60ºC but I managed to lower it by about 10ºC with some Silver Arctic paste.

gussrtk

Honorable

well then... I hope you can return it :(

what's the rest of your system? CPU/Ram/PSU? I don't really see that card pulling much weight.

lets look at the rest of your system.. but really I think your GPU is just... not up for the task.

gussrtk

Honorable

he said temp doesnt really go over 60c. but he has graphical issues... points to GPU issue.