Can a Fx 6300 & a GTX 1060 run on the Corsair VS650

vivek_soni94

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
Hi, i built a pc about 2 years back with the Gigabyte LMT USB 3.0 mobo (AM3+) and the AMD FX 6300 processor.

I didn't buy a GPU back then so I settled with the Corsair VS650.

Now I'm planning on buying a GTX 1060 6 gigs.

Can anybody tell me whether the Fx 6300 and the Gtx 1060 will function well together?
Also more importantly, will the Corsair VS650 be able to power them both without failure?

Also should I get a less powerful card? (1050 Ti or a Rx 470) or go for a complete rebuild with an i5 6600k, a new mobo, and the 1060. Which is going to cost a bomb.

I'm not a hardcore gamer but plan to play titles FIFA 17, Crysis 3, Battlefield 4, COD Ghosts. Assasins Creed -BF, Dying Light, GTA V and similar games on a 1080p monitor. Around 50 FPS is more than acceptable for me.

Making the decision in a month.

Solution
Your fx 6300 should be good enough for now, no need to rebuild your system just yet. There's a psu calculator I use quite often to make sure systems have enough power by outervision. I've plugged in your data with a few guesstimations and reckon you'll pull about 400w with your build so the 650w is more than good enough watt wise. I've never used coolermaster psus so I can't validate how reliable they are but just by wattage it's more than good enough (you're running around 60% load)

ZHU92

Honorable
Mar 27, 2014
Your fx 6300 should be good enough for now, no need to rebuild your system just yet. There's a psu calculator I use quite often to make sure systems have enough power by outervision. I've plugged in your data with a few guesstimations and reckon you'll pull about 400w with your build so the 650w is more than good enough watt wise. I've never used coolermaster psus so I can't validate how reliable they are but just by wattage it's more than good enough (you're running around 60% load)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS