i5 4690 and i5 4590, What is happening? UK

KR2

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
Hello everyone,

My brother has been looking around for CPUs and he found the i5-4590 and also the i5-4690, he is going for the 4690 because it is better but also... It's cheaper? I don't know why a CPU that has minor improvements in specs is cheaper than one that is worse and doesn't perform as good, although it's about a 1-3 fps difference, ITS STILL CHEAPER??? (UK though). Here is the link for both products:

i5-4590: Amazon UK
i5-4590: Amazon UK

I have seen more forum posts on this website with people mentioning a 50$ price difference (I don't know how long ago the forum posts were posted...).

Could you please tell me a reason for this or something of help, I don't know if there is a twist to this or what but this is something to definitely take advantage of while it lasts (unless it lasts forever)!!!

Solution
Hm, that's funny. I wouldn't worry about it though, go ahead and grab the deal! There are many other factors that go into the price of a product aside from its performance. Maybe they are trying to get rid of their old stock, maybe they made many more 4690's and thus the price per unit was actually cheaper, maybe amazon has some algorithm that thinks that the current price will increase sales numbers the most... who knows.

But if it's advertised as a 4690 it'll be a 4690, there's nothing to be suspicious about. :)

Max1s

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Hm, that's funny. I wouldn't worry about it though, go ahead and grab the deal! There are many other factors that go into the price of a product aside from its performance. Maybe they are trying to get rid of their old stock, maybe they made many more 4690's and thus the price per unit was actually cheaper, maybe amazon has some algorithm that thinks that the current price will increase sales numbers the most... who knows.

But if it's advertised as a 4690 it'll be a 4690, there's nothing to be suspicious about. :)

Solution