When will 1070 have price drop?

chrisstump64

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Looking for one in my next build but I would like to get one for around $350. Will the price drop anytime happen in the next 5-6 months or should I just buy one now?

Solution
There will probably never be a significant price drop. You'll see maybe at most a $30 reduction, then the new cards come out and they stop making the old ones. If you are lucky you can find a clearance sale for the old cards when that happens and get them cheaper but at that point you could just buy 1 of the new cards from a lower tier for cheaper at the same or better performance
So don't bother waiting for a price drop.

Black friday/cyber monday is the best time to get a cheaper 1070 but don't expect them to be $350, 10% off is the most you would see. Since that is less than a month away I would say its worth waiting but don't wait any longer since you won't see better prices than that until the next series of cards is released, at...

TommyTheTank

Honorable
Apr 5, 2016
There will probably never be a significant price drop. You'll see maybe at most a $30 reduction, then the new cards come out and they stop making the old ones. If you are lucky you can find a clearance sale for the old cards when that happens and get them cheaper but at that point you could just buy 1 of the new cards from a lower tier for cheaper at the same or better performance
So don't bother waiting for a price drop.

Black friday/cyber monday is the best time to get a cheaper 1070 but don't expect them to be $350, 10% off is the most you would see. Since that is less than a month away I would say its worth waiting but don't wait any longer since you won't see better prices than that until the next series of cards is released, at which point you could just get an 1160 for even cheaper and have roughly the same performance.

Solution