$600 PC for recording and editing gameplay.

APotatoCalledJoe

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015
Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: Few weeks, maybe end of this month.

Budget Range: Cheapest price - $625.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Recording gameplay at 1080p 30 FPS, and rendering the video at a decent speed. Basic gameplay at 1080p 60 FPS.

Are you buying a monitor: No, well, not till later. Have a 736 right now, getting a 1080 later.

Parts to Upgrade: New build.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes, but don't include it, I view it as a separate cost all together.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Cheapest.

Parts Preferences: NVidia GPU, a 1060 3 GB if it fits in the budget. Thermaltake V21 case.

Overclocking: Not with this build, maybe far in the future.

SLI or Crossfire: No.

Your Monitor Resolution: As stated above, 736p right now, 1080 later.

Additional Comments: Don't know if case needs another fan. Stand alone microphones for somebody on a budget?

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Old PC was super slow, finally died. Couldn't even upgrade it due to the low end PSU. Need a whole new build.

Thanks, and here's what I came up with so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/BM6pr7
Put in an SSD for now, I can add an HDD later.

APotatoCalledJoe

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015

Thanks a lot, took a bit of research to try and balance out what I needed. But I'm still worried about the temperature the case will reach, do you think it'll be okay, or should I add another fan just to be safe. I talked with my friend about it a few days ago and he really stressed adding in fans to keep everything cool, so I'm just a bit worried about that.

You should be fine, but if you need to, you can always buy an 120mm fan for the rear exhaust port.

APotatoCalledJoe

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015

Well, considering I don't know how long it'll be down, here's a rough list.

CPU: i3 6100
GPU: GTX 1060 3 GB Windforce OC
Storage: A-Data 240 GB SSD
Memory: Can't remember what brand I chose, believe it was Kingston, 8 GB (2x4 GB)
Mobo: MSI H110M GAMING (I think)
PSU: Seasonic 520W 80+ Bronze Full Mod.
Case: Thermaltake V21.

And I think that's everything.

And it goes back up right afterwards. Whooooo.

logainofhades

Titan
Not bad. I made some tweaks, so you could get a better SSD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus H110M-A/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($56.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($48.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Windforce OC Video Card ($199.99 @ B&H)
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($55.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($53.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $596.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-09 11:14 EST-0500

Solution

APotatoCalledJoe

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015

I generally tried to stay away from the Corsair fans since I've heard a fair bit of negative reviews about their lower/mid range PSU's, but this one looks pretty good. Also, just a bit of confusion on my part here, but that kind of SSD would plug directly into the motherboard, right?

Corsair's CX lineup was pretty bad which is why you hear all the negativity.

But, that's only one of their PSUs. The all-new CXM, RM/RMx, and AXI PSU are REALLY good.