Will i7 860 bottleneck gtx 1050ti?

thatoneirishman

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
Hi, I am really new to pc gaming and have my first pc build(upgraded from an old pc into a gaming pc). Keep in mind I was on a budget.
I'm wondering if my pc will be able to run AAA games at medium settings? and if my cpu will bottleneck my gpu?
Here are my components:
i7 860 cpu
gtx nvidia 1050ti 4gb
8gb ddr3
750gb HDD
600w cx600 psu

I have a ps4 , and basically i would just like for the graphics to be better but if not at least equal to my console.

Solution
I agree you should be fine.

Worth pointing out that those old Lynnfield processors overclock really well. Not unusual to get to 4Ghz. That's a solid 40% OC under heavily threaded workloads.

I really don't think it will hold you back much if at all, but that's an option if you run into a heavily CPU dependent game.
I agree you should be fine.

Worth pointing out that those old Lynnfield processors overclock really well. Not unusual to get to 4Ghz. That's a solid 40% OC under heavily threaded workloads.

I really don't think it will hold you back much if at all, but that's an option if you run into a heavily CPU dependent game.

Solution

thatoneirishman

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

Thanks for getting back guys , and I'm so glad to heat that. The old cpu in this motherboard was an i5 660 and i knew i needed an upgrade to at least a quad core but didn't have the budget to buy a new motherboard. So I guess i picked the right cpu :) You have been most helpful .

TRENDING THREADS