12 gb 1600 mhz ram, 8gb 2133 mhz ram, or 16 gb 2133

VanNuys

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
So my laptop specs are

Amd a10 8780p
12gb ram 1600 mhz ddr3L(1x4gb stick and 1x8gb stick)
1 tb 5400 rm hard drive
amd radeon r7 m360

i heard somewhere that throwing in a 2133 8gb stick will give me better fps in games. I already striggle with games and want to find anyway that will give me better fps so will downgrading to 8gb and making the speed faster give me better fps? Also how do i found out how much mhz my ram is running and what is the max speed supported?

thanks

Solution
Yes, faster RAM helps APU processors because it's it's GPU is using same memory as system. From those choices last one would be best just don't expect miracles. 8GB would may also be just fine as that setup would not not be able to run most of games that require more. If you are using dedicated GPU, you might as well stay with what you got.
Yes, faster RAM helps APU processors because it's it's GPU is using same memory as system. From those choices last one would be best just don't expect miracles. 8GB would may also be just fine as that setup would not not be able to run most of games that require more. If you are using dedicated GPU, you might as well stay with what you got.

Solution