Will the I5 4670 non-k bottleneck GTX-1070 SLI?

Solution
Yes, especially at very high resolution in which I guess what you are aiming for because you're building an SLI config. If you're still thinking of building, I'd advise you to get an i7 unlocked/K or extreme/X skylake or wait for the upcoming CPUs. I don't know exactly how much it would bottleneck the SLI config but the higher clock of newer gen, OC capability of unlocked CPUs and newer architecture will definitely benefit you

akimikage

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
Yes, especially at very high resolution in which I guess what you are aiming for because you're building an SLI config. If you're still thinking of building, I'd advise you to get an i7 unlocked/K or extreme/X skylake or wait for the upcoming CPUs. I don't know exactly how much it would bottleneck the SLI config but the higher clock of newer gen, OC capability of unlocked CPUs and newer architecture will definitely benefit you

Solution

Xeffx

Reputable
Jan 13, 2016

Here is another question.
Should I go for the I7 4790k or a second GTX 1070?

SammChisnall

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2012

You will gain much better performance in the long run from a 4790k than a second 1070. SLI/CF support has been weak in recent games and for the price to performance of SLI 1070's you may aswell get a 1080.