Can i Use Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB graphic card to my Dell Precision T5500

LoLynx

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
I resently bouhgt Battlefield 1 for PC but my but i can´t update the drivers more than to verision 342.0 (Nvidia). And i need verision 375.63...
I have a Quadro FX 3800.

So the question is:
Do the Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB fir in the Dell Precision T5500?
And is it an other way to solve the problem?

Thankful for Answer <3

Solution
Most games don't support quadro cards anyway, and that one is VERY old. the 1060 is roughly 10 times faster than that one, thats the problem not the drivers. And the minimum required card for BF1 is a 670 or something, which is still about 6 times faster than the one you have.

If you want to play BF1 you'll need to upgrade the whole system anyways it looks like. BF1 requires a quad-core processor. Their minimum specs say a 6600K minimum. If you want to play it you'll need to spend about another $600

It would be good to read the minimum system requirements before buying a game next time, but don't worry I have don't it as well, you're in good company.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
Most games don't support quadro cards anyway, and that one is VERY old. the 1060 is roughly 10 times faster than that one, thats the problem not the drivers. And the minimum required card for BF1 is a 670 or something, which is still about 6 times faster than the one you have.

If you want to play BF1 you'll need to upgrade the whole system anyways it looks like. BF1 requires a quad-core processor. Their minimum specs say a 6600K minimum. If you want to play it you'll need to spend about another $600

It would be good to read the minimum system requirements before buying a game next time, but don't worry I have don't it as well, you're in good company.

Solution

LoLynx

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016

Thanks, do you have any recomendations for processors?

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
BF1 unfortunately requires a really good CPU, you'll need a top of the line i7 4th gen at the least. But the minimum and only i5 you can even run it with according to the site is the 6th gen i5 6600K, which is an amazing CPU, there won't be a game you can't run with that CPU. But it's like $250 US. It also happens to be the cheapest CPU available that will run it. But the best gaming processor out is the i7 6700K and many people even say it's overkill for most games, excluding battlefield 1.

For either of those you'll need a decent Z170 board, it HAS to be Z170 because any other LGA 1151 that's not Z170 won't overclock.

And you'll probably need that 1060 3GB as well. The minimum required is a GTX 660, but recommended is 1060 3GB, and if you want to do the reccomended, I would get the i7 6700K as well.

BF1 is definitely not a cheap game to run.

willow_pc

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
This might be a bit late but i just came across this. Yes a gtx 1060 would work fine as the power supply is basically 875 watts and has two 6 and 8 pin connectors. Also not sure what cpu you have but i think you are on a lga 1366 motherboard which means you could upgrade, unless your cpu is fine, to a Xeon X5660 which is a 6 core 12 thread processor. Also you dont need to spend 600 dollars if you have the T5500 as the Xeons are said to be comparable to some i7's.

TRENDING THREADS