Rx 480 8gb with 8gb ddr4 ram Vs Rx 480 4gb with 16 gb ram

Ahmed_147

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Hey guys , I want to play on 1080p for about 2-3 years and I don't know which gpu/ram Should I have
Other specs :
CPU: i5-6500
MOBO: Msi b150
Case: corsair carbide spec-01
PSU: Seasonic S12II 520

Solution
For future proofing, you'd be better off doing 8GB of RAM with the RX 480 8GB. Most games are ok with 8GB of regular ram. But that 8GB VRAM is what is going to be able to allow you to get more out of games. Then later down the line, you can add another 8GB of RAM.
For future proofing, you'd be better off doing 8GB of RAM with the RX 480 8GB. Most games are ok with 8GB of regular ram. But that 8GB VRAM is what is going to be able to allow you to get more out of games. Then later down the line, you can add another 8GB of RAM.

Solution

Right now, I would go with the 1060. However, download the line, the RX 480 may be able to out power it. Since AMD doesn't use CUDA cores, it's not easy to really compare it.

Again, it's user preference. If you just need 1080p with 60 FPS, I would recommend the 1060 6GB for now. That's what I have. If I were you, I would wait until Friday for the sales

Both are going to be good for that long. Right now the 1060 is better, but the 480 has a slight edge in most DX12 games so in the future it may be better. As already mentioned, buy a better card now as you can always add more RAM to your computer later....the other way around will cost you a new card.