RX 480 - which model should I pick?

Monnq

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015
I am planning to upgrade my GTX780 which isn't performing well in newest titles and 3GBs of VRAM is kinda bottleneck. I guess I will go for RX480 due to it's relatively low price and nice performance. Just wondering, which one should I get? Asus Strix, Sapphire Nitro or XFX GTR Black? I've also considered R9 Fury Nitro but it has only 4GBs of memory. I am planning to play in 1080p@60fps, maybe in future I will upgrade to 1440p but not now. Considering the current trend of DX12 being implemented in newest games & the fact I want to use this card for a longer period of time (2-3 years) I think AMD is a better choose over NVIDIA. Just need some suggestions :)

Solution
I dont think you will see significant performance improvement going from gtx 780 to rx 480. Upgrade at least to gtx 1070 or wait for amd higher end gpu-s.

I personally prefer sapphire or msi amd cards.

Iceman21

Respectable
May 3, 2016
I dont think you will see significant performance improvement going from gtx 780 to rx 480. Upgrade at least to gtx 1070 or wait for amd higher end gpu-s.

I personally prefer sapphire or msi amd cards.

Solution

deadgamer2

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
For good cooling, go for the ones with 3 fans, like Asus or Powercolor. You'll have to make sure you have enough space to fit those in.

If you want your computer to look nice, go for ones with backplate like Gigabyte.

Otherwise, look for one that has the longest warranty. I believe Asus, Gigabyte, MSI and Sapphire have 3 years of warranty.