Will RX 470 work on LC POWER lc500h 500w psu???

Kriptonac

Honorable
Nov 22, 2016
Im planning upgrading my Graphich card in rig from GT 610 to RX 470, it will be great upgrade for me, but im scared my PSU LC POWER 500W LC500H will not handle this Graphic Card, can u please tell me will it be enough for this rig:
Procc> FX 8320E
RAM> 8GB DDR3 1866Mhz
HDD >1TB WD BLUE HDD
Optical Drive> Without optical drive
Motherboard > AS ROCK N68-GS FX

If anyone know please answer.
P.S Sorry for my bad English...

Solution

The wattage is enough, how well the PSU will last there is no way to know. A good analogy would be riding without a bike helmet till you buy one in a week, you may be fine till you get one, or you can fall over the next day and cut open you head, no way to know.

Kriptonac

Honorable
Nov 22, 2016

For some time, untill i buy new PSU ?? about month or two

The wattage is enough, how well the PSU will last there is no way to know. A good analogy would be riding without a bike helmet till you buy one in a week, you may be fine till you get one, or you can fall over the next day and cut open you head, no way to know.

Solution
You should be fine, by that I mean it will work. The problem with cheap power supplies is you can't depend on them. That power supply could last you a long time or it could burn out tomorrow. If you can spend money on a videocard like a 470 then you can spend the money to have a good PSU. If it was my choice, I'd buy a good 430W-450W PSU first, then get the videocard later. And you're right, that will be a HUGE upgrade going from a 610 to a 470. A 610 is not a good card for gaming.

Kriptonac

Honorable
Nov 22, 2016

Ok, there is a guarantee for anything, so if it fail I will get new :) tnx for advice