i5-6400 temps too low

Own_1

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
I just built a pc for a friend , and i picked an i5-6400 and i managed to get it runing at 3.1 ghz stable @1.05v
but i was worried about his temps with the stock cooler they never exceeded 40c on load and on idle they reach 15c , is this safe ? or can condensation happen to it ?

Solution
Condensation only happens when the ambient air temperature is higher than the temps of any exposed tubing, blocks, or whatever. Because water or air coolers use radiators to lower temps, which simply draw the ambient air through them, it's impossible for anything to ever drop below ambient temps... thus you can't get condensation.

It only happens when you have something actively lowering the temperature below ambient like pouring liquid nitrogen into your system, or using phase change cooling (basically a beefed up refrigeration unit).

15C is cold though. Your friend's house must be pretty damn cold... like even colder than 15C? Can't be much fun to sit in front of a PC in that environment. But totally safe for the computer.

bwinzey

Respectable
Jun 26, 2016
Condensation only happens when something is colder than the ambient temperature around it. If he doesn't have any sort of active cooling implemented, then there's no reason for it to be lower than the room temperature.

Condensation only happens when the ambient air temperature is higher than the temps of any exposed tubing, blocks, or whatever. Because water or air coolers use radiators to lower temps, which simply draw the ambient air through them, it's impossible for anything to ever drop below ambient temps... thus you can't get condensation.

It only happens when you have something actively lowering the temperature below ambient like pouring liquid nitrogen into your system, or using phase change cooling (basically a beefed up refrigeration unit).

15C is cold though. Your friend's house must be pretty damn cold... like even colder than 15C? Can't be much fun to sit in front of a PC in that environment. But totally safe for the computer.

Solution

Own_1

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
thank you both guys , i actually forgot i posted this ,and my friend was worried, he didn't let his pc run for more than 2 hours a day
but now i will make sure to tell him

TRENDING THREADS