FX-8350 Rx 480 vs i5 6400 gtx 970

Hunter_Persson

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015
Im looking at two different computers and i'm very limited in price and I was wondering which computer would run demanding games like Ark Survival Evolved on High-Epic settings better.

Solution
Both are sub-par configs, and generally prebuilts have a premium of several hundred dollars over buying the parts yourself. Admittedly I've been building PCs for a while, but I can assemble one in about 20 minutes and have Windows and drivers installed within an hour, so it seems a pretty good $/hour.

Ideally you'd get an i5 6xxx and GTX 1060. The FX is more than 4 years old and the GTX 970 is last generations mid-tier card.

Are you building these computers yourself or are these premade?

Hunter_Persson

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015

Pre-built. I really don't have the time to build a computer so i'm going with a pre built.

Both are sub-par configs, and generally prebuilts have a premium of several hundred dollars over buying the parts yourself. Admittedly I've been building PCs for a while, but I can assemble one in about 20 minutes and have Windows and drivers installed within an hour, so it seems a pretty good $/hour.

Ideally you'd get an i5 6xxx and GTX 1060. The FX is more than 4 years old and the GTX 970 is last generations mid-tier card.

Solution