i5 4590 bottlenecks Asus Dual gtx 1070 non OC

Aug 22, 2014
Hello guys,

Today I have bought a new Asus Dual GTX 1070.
I have installed it, freshly installed my OS (Windows 10 Pro) I have installed the gpu drivers. The issue that I am encountering is the following:
One of my CPU cores is going on insane mode going on 100% usage and my gpu is not going over 50% usage. I have read multiple forum topics and 70% of the people are saying that the i5 4590 should not bottleneck a gtx 1070.
My computer setup is the following:
i5 4590
Asus dual gtx 1070 non oc
8 gb ddr3 hyper-x blue
610 seasonic psu bronze
240 gb kingston ssd

The games that I have tested are GTA 5 and Forza Horizon 3 not even on 1080p.
The resolution that my monitor is using is 1680x1050. I have also tried 1600x900
The fps that I am getting on GTA 5 with ultra settings and MSAA+2 is between 40fps to 82 fps on 1680x1050
Also on Forza horizon 3 I am getting betwenn 38 to 65 fps.
Also I have downed the setting on Forza and I am getting like 10 more fps

Can you please write below your opinion.
Thanks!

Solution
I was going to ask what all you had running in the background when Win booted up. It sounded like something was stealing resources. I'm of the school of thought that when gaming, have as little as possible running in the background.

Might also want to run a FULL virus scan followed by a malwarebytes scan to be sure no poorly written crap-ware is hogging resources too.
Aug 22, 2014
Yeah I know man, but I don't what is happening and why I am encountering this issue, could the cooling affect the CPU? I have a stock cooler on it, I will monitor the CPU temps to see if this is the case and I will come with an update.

Aug 22, 2014
Small update, I have tested the usage in MSI afterburner and I was able to find out that CPU usage is decent in GTA 5 although in some places is going around 100% but not for long and here comes the interesting part...the gpu is going mad, the usage is flickering btween 97% to 102% in some places also is going lower on 70% 60% but the problem is that is flickering as hell, is not stabilizing itself at all... also I have tested this behavior on WoW and same thing happens, gpu flickering all the time.

Aug 22, 2014
I found the issue...I was encountering this bottleneck because of the GPU Tweak II from asus...I have uninstalled it I have uninstalled every game optimizer and I have uninstalled the graphics driver with ddu, I have installed the graphics driver again and everything works perfectly without any bottleneck, I have also tried Thw Witcher 3 and I was encountering the same issue, after the the ts performed now I am getting between 60 to 80 fps with everthing maxed out.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I was going to ask what all you had running in the background when Win booted up. It sounded like something was stealing resources. I'm of the school of thought that when gaming, have as little as possible running in the background.

Might also want to run a FULL virus scan followed by a malwarebytes scan to be sure no poorly written crap-ware is hogging resources too.

Solution