Solved

Affordable psu & gpu option for my system.

Hey all, thanks in advance for the help. I am self building a cimputer with the below mentioned configuration could you help me picking the best yet affordable/cheap Psu and Gpu.

CPU i5 6600k
ram 16gb
mobo Asus Z170-A
Case Azza solano 1000
Cooler H7 tower coller
500 gb samsung ssd
GPU ?
Psu?

My main purpose is video editing and part time gaming.

So any suggestions shall highly be appreciated. Thanks

Hash. K
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about affordable psu option system
  1. Have a look at this list. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
    But in general the evga B and B2 series psus are good and cheap.
  2. I got muself a corsair cx 750M as the guy at micro center told be its the best powersupply for the buck. Is it so? Any suggestions on gpu? Appriciate it.
  3. Hassan110 said:
    I got muself a corsair cx 750M as the guy at micro center told be its the best powersupply for the buck. Is it so? Any suggestions on gpu? Appriciate it.


    Of course not. the Microcenter worker is probably under the impression that "more watts is better". You could get a high quality 550W PSU with a better fan and better performance for the same price as that 750W power supply.
  4. But as i was searching i also came accross a post on tomshardware where the best answer said that its good to have double the required psu. Although i have seen on youtube that people do use like a 550 or 650 on some configuration like mine. So i am a bit cinfused right now :/ another thing for the gpu is someone is selling a EVGA gforce gtx770 cs 2gb DDR5 so is it a good card i think i am getting it for a reasonable amount. $135
  5. Best answer
    You definitely don't need double the required wattage. If it is $135 usd then it's a terrible deal. You can get a RX 470 for only around $20 more and that has around twice the performance of the 770.
  6. airplanegeek said:
    You definitely don't need double the required wattage. If it is $135 usd then it's a terrible deal. You can get a RX 470 for only around $20 more and that has around twice the performance of the 770.


    Ok so here is the confusion, i just checked and on ebay and amazon a used EVGA Geforce gtx 770 2gb sells for $190 where as a new Gigabyte Radion RX 460 sells for &120 on new egg and has a $30 rebait. why is that so? doesn't make sense?
    the deal is $140 for the GTX 770 2gb 256 bit + a computer chair + 1 tb WD back HDD.
  7. turkey3_scratch said:
    Hassan110 said:
    I got muself a corsair cx 750M as the guy at micro center told be its the best powersupply for the buck. Is it so? Any suggestions on gpu? Appriciate it.


    Of course not. the Microcenter worker is probably under the impression that "more watts is better". You could get a high quality 550W PSU with a better fan and better performance for the same price as that 750W power supply.


    so which power supply would be enough for me staying in my budget, could you recommend any? i dont want to compromise on the quality just want the best value for money. Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Power Supplies Graphics Cards