1050 ti lag i need help

nicholasfong

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
hi all, i am using i3-4170 3.7GHz 8GB RAM DDr3 1600MHz x1 Asus EX GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB 5400RPM Window 7 ultimate ASUS H81M-K Cooler Master 420 PSU. but i gaming gta at normal graphic only have 50-60 fps and sometime will drop to 40. I see other people using same as my graphic card gta set to very high can run to 60-70 fps. how to fix it?

sorry for my broke english

Solution

No dual channel provides minimal if any performance increase.

Try overclocking your CPU (if motherboard allows it) and see if things are better. Your drive is also slow, you want a 7200 or even an SSD. The numbers are not that bad for the video card, pretty much what you should see.

1x 8GB and 1x 4GB cannot run in dual-channel. Memory has to be same size and preferably same speed. To know if there is a bottleneck install MSI Afterburner and use the on-screen display to monitor CPU and GPU usage. If CPU usage is at 100% and GPU usage remains low, then the CPU is the bottleneck.

Are you sure you are comparing the same moments in the benchmarks? It should have different frame rates at different moments in the benchmark.

If you can overclock the CPU and your FPS goes up, you have a CPU bottleneck. Your CPU and GPU are decently balanced, both on the lower end of gaming specs. I'd lean towards your system being CPU limited a bit more than video card, but it's really close.