Solved

Please help me figure out my PC's compatibility with graphics card

Hi. I'm trying to upgrade my pre-built PC by adding a better graphics card.
Inspiron 3847 Inspiron 3847
i know my my motherboard is 088dt1 and it has a socket 1150
i'm looking at the EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 SSC for an upgrade http://
but i can't find the PCI Express slot on my computer and was wondering if anyone could help me find out whether my computer and this graphics card are compatible
extra link
this is the most i could find on my motherboard http://
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about figure compatibility graphics card
  1. see the tiny black bits its the one in the middle the long black bit that is where you put the graphics card
  2. ac13044 said:
    see the tiny black bits its the one in the middle the long black bit that is where you put the graphics card

    i need to know what kind of PCI slot it has though because i can't seem to find it anywhere
  3. Best answer
    This is the PCI Express x16 slot:

  4. MrN1ce9uy even better i described it. could not of been more clear as ther is only 1 long black bit under the ram slots as he would know where to stick the ram if he had dismantled it lol
  5. hedencop said:
    ac13044 said:
    see the tiny black bits its the one in the middle the long black bit that is where you put the graphics card

    i need to know what kind of PCI slot it has though because i can't seem to find it anywhere


    This person installed a GTX 960 in their Inspiron 3847 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7hGPBsnlWs

    The GTX 1050 SSC should work. You may want to upgrade your power supply also. I think it comes stock with a 230W. You need at least a 300W+ with a GTX 1050 to be safe.

    The guy in the video said he had to find a GPU short enough to fit as the Inspiron 3847 case is shorter than most cases. Be sure it will fit.
  6. MrN1ce9uy said:
    This is the PCI Express x16 slot:



    thank you so much. I guess i didn't dig very hard haha.
  7. ac13044 said:
    MrN1ce9uy even better i described it. could not of been more clear as ther is only 1 long black bit under the ram slots as he would know where to stick the ram if he had dismantled it lol

    thanks man you really helped :) appreciate it!
Ask a new question

Read More

help PC gaming Graphics Cards Computers Dell Compatibility Motherboards EVGA GeForce Help Desk Inspiron