i5 2400 vs i5 3470/3570

ANXsucks

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2016
Is there a big difference between these two processors when it comes gaming, editing, multitasking and everything in general?

Solution

Depends on how you use your PC. For people like me who reboot their PC less than once every few weeks and have enough RAM to hold all frequently used data in the file system cache, having an SSD makes next to no difference.

To be, the biggest difference from putting an SSD in my PC was no longer hearing Firefox/Chrome saving history and other junk every 10 seconds even when they are minimized... hearing HDD accesses when my PC is supposed to be idle was driving me nuts.

InvalidError

Titan

Depends on how you use your PC. For people like me who reboot their PC less than once every few weeks and have enough RAM to hold all frequently used data in the file system cache, having an SSD makes next to no difference.

To be, the biggest difference from putting an SSD in my PC was no longer hearing Firefox/Chrome saving history and other junk every 10 seconds even when they are minimized... hearing HDD accesses when my PC is supposed to be idle was driving me nuts.

Solution

anonymousdude

Distinguished

Man I haven't heard hdd noise in a long time. Sure brings back memories. Also you're correct about the rest of it, but we on toms tend to be exceptions rather than the rule. So usually an SSD will feel like a major upgrade.