[i5-6600] Can the cpu stock fan 4-pin go into the CHA_FAN slot?

Hellohello9999

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Hi,
So my system is i5-6600, asus b150m pro gaming and enthoo pro case. I use all stock fans with no additional coolers.

So the Enthoo pro comes with a PWM fan hub and its 4-pin is instructed to go the the CPU_FAN on the mb. I know im supposed to plug the cpu cooler into the Enthoo fan hub but I read that that way the cpu fan will slow down to the speed of case fans. So can I plug the cpu fan to the CHA_FAN slot instead? Please know that all are 4 pins and I believe all are PWM.

Thanks a lot guys!

Solution
There are not the same. Again, the chassis fan is used to control the overall temperature. You need to hook up the fan hub to the CPU_CHA fan. If it is too short, try to get a cable extender. But let's say the CPU is 60 C, but the motherboard and case is 80 C, it is not going to push enough air to cool down. the CPU FAN needs to be hooked up to the stock fan. Again, they are not the same, and can cause heating issues.
You can, yes, but not recommend. The whole purpose of the CPU FAN slot is for the motherboard to control the fan based on the temps. For a CHA_FAN, it will control the fans based on the overall temp, which may be misleading. Why can't you use the CPU_FAN?

Hellohello9999

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Because the fanhub already goes into the CPU_FAN (of course the fanhub can go to CHA_FAN instead but the cable would then block the cpu cooler). The CPU_FAN and CHA_FAN on the board are both 4-pin and PWM so I assume they are the same, right?

There are not the same. Again, the chassis fan is used to control the overall temperature. You need to hook up the fan hub to the CPU_CHA fan. If it is too short, try to get a cable extender. But let's say the CPU is 60 C, but the motherboard and case is 80 C, it is not going to push enough air to cool down. the CPU FAN needs to be hooked up to the stock fan. Again, they are not the same, and can cause heating issues.

Solution