Will a RX 470 bottleneck with a fx 6300?

mirza77167

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
I have a fx 6300 processor . will it be a bottleneck for RX 470....
My specs.

Amd fx 6300 (stock)
Psu: Corsair cx 430m
Mobo: gigabyte ga 78lmt s2
Crucial 8 GB ram (1600)

I am planning to buy RX 470 plz help......

Solution
It will bottleneck anything greater than about a GTX 1050 Ti. That said they will work fine together and you can't notice a bottleneck if you don't have a point of comparison - i.e. benchmarking it against the same card in a better Intel based system. Then you see the FPS you're sacrificing with the FX-6300 (or an OC'd FX-8350 for that matter).
Well, first off, I would consider a better PSU for peace of mind purposes but anyways...

Comparing the CPU to GPU seems kinda silly to me. Your CPU has nothing to do with high settings, however it will affect FPS depending on what demands games put on it. Check your CPU in the games you want the beefier graphics card for and see how much CPU is being used.

To most people, yeah it would bottleneck. I had an OC'd 8350 with a 470 and I never had issues. But your case may be different.

jeffredo

Distinguished
It will bottleneck anything greater than about a GTX 1050 Ti. That said they will work fine together and you can't notice a bottleneck if you don't have a point of comparison - i.e. benchmarking it against the same card in a better Intel based system. Then you see the FPS you're sacrificing with the FX-6300 (or an OC'd FX-8350 for that matter).

Solution