128 gb ssd with gtx 1060 3gb or just a gtx 1060 6gb alone?

Braxton_3

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
what should i get a gtx 1060 3gb with an 128 gb ssd or just a gtx 1060 6gb? I don't care a loading times. I do want my gpu to last at least 3 years though.

GTX 1060 6 GB. Especially since you don't care about loading times. The 3 GB version actually has a different architecture and Nvidia had no business marketing it as a GTX 1060. Definitely get the 6 GB version. Below is the one that I own, and I'm happy with it.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan), 06G-P4-6163-KR, 6GB, Only 6.8 Inches
$259.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487261

Solution
The Asus GPU you referenced and the EVGA I referenced have a 1506 MHz vs 1607 MHz core clock respectively. If you do not plan to overclock then the EVGA card will be faster. The major difference is that the Asus looks like a reference cooler. Personally I only believe in reference coolers if I either have two graphics cards in one case, or I'm installing one graphics card in a small ITX case.

There is nothing wrong with the card you selected; it'll just be a tad slower. It also might be somewhat louder since it's a reference cooler. But the amazon customer reviews look promising. By the way, my two 980 Ti's are reference and my GTX 1060 is custom.

If you like the Asus card then by all means, buy it and enjoy.

Braxton_3

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Thank you for the quick response! I think I am going to go with the card you referenced since I do not plan on over clocking and I want my computer to be quiet. Also this is my first build and I don`t know much and it seems that you do.

It's a great card. I'm currently playing Overwatch, Rust and The Forest on this card in 1080p (epic, ultra settings). Considering that my 980 Ti's cost me $650 each 18 months ago, I'm really impressed at the value of the $260 GTX 1060 (6 GB). There are tons of "How to build a PC" guide on YouTube.

checking...

I'll check it out as soon as I get home this evening. It's a little challenging for me to edit PCPartpicker from my phone.

Off the top of my head:

power supply: Seasonic S1211 520 Watt power supply is much better quality for the same money.
hard drive: Hitachi (HGST) has reliability on the market. I "think" you can get one for same amount of money.
motherboard: upgrade to Z170 motherboard (table below with differences of chipsets stated).
memory: For just $39 more, you cold upgrade to Corsair 16 GB (2 x 8 GB).
* I will make you a deal, I will gift you a 1 TB seagate hard drive that I have at home, since you're a member of our community. With the $50 saved, you will be able to upgrade to 16 GB of RAM, which will serve you extremely well. Just private message me a shipping address and I will send it out tomorrow, presuming that you are in the continental United States. The hard drive is practically new. I bought it with the express purpose of backing up a down system. I used it for just a week and now I have no use for it. I've already wiped, partitioned and reformatted it.

bLnllLW.jpg