which rx 480 brand should i get

Solution
There are a lot of good brands to choose from that people will recommend, and at the same time many will tell you to stay away from those same brands.

When i had to choose my rx 480, i heard all the negative things about sapphire nitro+, but the card was much cheaper (in my country) than the others except gigbyte (which is one card i would personally stay away from). So i just took a chance at the sapphire card and i do not regret it.
Now i have a sound dampening case, but that does not mean it's silent, but it is a little hotter than a non sound dampening case- so with both that in mind i do not think that the fans get loud, they are more quit than my cpu fan... and the temp. stays around 75ish C after hours of doom, and i have had...

that video actually quite misleading especially on the power consumption part. because of that video some people thinking that the card will only use around 150w of power even when OCed to 1475mhz. the thing is that power is for the gpu alone core alone and not the entire card since that exact model (XFX RX480 GTR) does not have sensor to read the power for the entire card. and also overclocking. overclocking was never a guarantee thing. some people believe that every XFX RX480 GTR out there was using selected bin chip that are confirm to hit at least 1450mhz. but there are some people with this exact card still reach their limit exactly at 1400mhz.

zesun

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2015
There are a lot of good brands to choose from that people will recommend, and at the same time many will tell you to stay away from those same brands.

When i had to choose my rx 480, i heard all the negative things about sapphire nitro+, but the card was much cheaper (in my country) than the others except gigbyte (which is one card i would personally stay away from). So i just took a chance at the sapphire card and i do not regret it.
Now i have a sound dampening case, but that does not mean it's silent, but it is a little hotter than a non sound dampening case- so with both that in mind i do not think that the fans get loud, they are more quit than my cpu fan... and the temp. stays around 75ish C after hours of doom, and i have had gpu's that got way hotter than that.

So i for one would recommend the sapphire nitro+, especially if it's cheaper that the others. I do not overclock btw.
Also the msi gaming card should be really good.

Solution

bigjohnny

Reputable
May 20, 2016

should i get this one http://pcpartpicker.com/product/f9cMnQ/sapphire-radeon-rx-480-4gb-nitro-4g-video-card-11260-02

zesun

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2015

That is the one i got, so i would say yes.

bigjohnny

Reputable
May 20, 2016

or this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150782&cm_re=rx_480-_-14-150-782-_-Product

zesun

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2015

I can only speak to the sapphire, since that is the only one i have tried.
Besides that, i think most solutions are good, except the gigabyte version (since it apparently throttles more than it should).